This post contains affiliate links. We may receive a commission for purchases and bookings made through these links. Read more…
WeWork Platinum Global Access is a complimentary offer provided by WeWork to Amex Business Platinum cardholders. This is a great offer if you travel and/or in need of a workspace with benefits.
You must sign up before December 31, 2019, to activate and take advantage of this offer.
Why sign up for this WeWork offer?
Simply put, if you have the Amex Business Platinum card, you should sign up for this offer. It is complimentary, with twelve months of free access to WeWork spaces globally. Enough said, right?
This is the value WeWork puts on this offer:
Get access to over 300 workspaces around the world with one year of complimentary WeWork Platinum Global Access – exclusively for American Express U.S. Business Platinum Card Members. Enroll by 12/31/2019 to get this offer (a $2,700 value).WeWork
Why sign up now? It is my understanding that WeWork will discontinue this offer after December 31, 2019. However, if you activate your access prior to December 31, 2019, your membership will be valid for twelve months.
How to redeem your WeWork complimentary Platinum Global Access
To redeem this offer and sign up for WeWork Platinum Global Access, follow these steps:
- Complete and submit the form on the offer redemption page. You will need your Amex Platinum card number and basic business information.
- Once you have submitted the enrollment form, you will receive an initial welcome email from WeWork. This email will state that your enrollment is almost complete.
- According to WeWork, if your enrollment was successful, you should receive a second email. Generally, you should expect the email to arrive within three to five business days. The subject of the email is “Welcome to WeWork!” Follow the instructions on this email to set up your account.
Once you have activated your membership:
- Install the WeWork app. The app will take you through the steps to set up your profile. Be aware, that some of the information is made public to the WeWork community.
- Afterward, you should be able to book a “hot-desk” workspace and conference rooms.
- Finally, bring your Amex Business Platinum card and a photo I.D. on your first visit. The WeWork Community staff will take your photo and issue and activate your keycard.
What should you know regarding your WeWork Platinum Global Access?
Be aware that this is a complimentary offered by WeWork and not American Express. In addition, it is only available to the basic cardmember of a Business Platinum Card account. Therefore, additional cardmembers on the same business account are not eligible.
What is included as part of this complimentary platinum global access? Here is what you should expect:
- Access to WeWork’s locations around the world during business hours (9 a.m. to 6 p.m. local time).
- Access to a “hot-desk” (a shared desk) located in the open common workspace.
- High-speed Wi-Fi.
- Phone booths, if available.
- The ability to print. The number of copies included in this membership: 120 black-and-white and 20 color prints per month.
- Unlimited supply of refreshments. This includes coffee, tea, and fruit-flavored water.
Here are some of the items not included with this offer:
- Conference room credits. However, you will be able to reserve conference rooms and pay for them separately.
- Guests, unless you have reserved a conference room.
- Mail and package service.
- Parking fees.
It is no secret that the Amex Business Platinum card comes with a hefty annual fee. As a result, I’ve always looked for ways to justify the expense. In fact, this perk is a great way to do so.
While I am fond of the WeWork business model and its mission, I hope they are here to stay. For now, I have a free year to experience and take advantage of what they have to offer.
Create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living.WeWork’s Mission
WeWork values this offer at $2,700, which will cover my 2020 Amex Business Platinum card annual’s fee and more. However, at the time of writing this post, a hot-desk in Phoenix is going for $350 to $375 per month. So, what is the catch? So far, I haven’t been able to find one.
Overall, my experience has been pleasant. The online sign up process was easy and painless. I was able to sign up and receive my “Welcome to WeWork!” confirmation email in less than 24 hours.
On my first check-in, the WeWork Community staff were very welcoming and friendly. The office space I visited in Phoenix lived up to the hype; it is well designed and provides multiple hot-desk options. I am definitely going to take advantage of this subscription in 2020.
So, what are you waiting for? If you have an Amex Business Platinum card, sign up now!
If you have taken advantage of this WeWork Platinum Global Access, share your experience in a comment.
Want to get notified with similar articles?
Subscribe to receive similar articles sent to your email:
We won’t send you spam. We respect your privacy.